|Storm Home -
RTR Policies |
Geo Storm Circle/Dirt track racing tips.
|Here is a list of modifications that I have come up with that will appear stock, unless you disassemble everything and actually inspect it. If you have any tips you would like added, let me know!
----this pages is constantly updated.
- KYBGR2 struts - don't waste time with Monroe are Gabriel replacement struts. The KYBs are worth their price tag.
- Since you have to have stock springs, you might consider heating them up and re-bending them to sit lower. Just remember that this will weaken them, so don't jump any speedbumps.
-If you have the cash, get a stock looking replacement set from SpringWorks:
- Swap on the GSi rear crossmember and swaybar--it is a direct swap and look completely stock.
- -modify the endlinks on the swaybars to help preload the wheels for the turns.
- Adjust negative camber to max as stated in rules.
- -Wheel spacers - will widen the stance. You might experiment with just having the spacers on one side of the car, or diagonal wheels.
- Tires, tires, tires....get the good ones...
- Replace the plug wires if they are old, you do not want to have a misfire at high revs
- Advance timing a couple more degrees & increase octane to compensate for detonation.
- replace all of the grounding wires in the engine bay with HEAVY DUTY copper wires and run a nice thick grounding wire to the ECM case.
- 3angle valve job - bring the head back up to spec with a good, clean seal.
- Port the head, intake plenum, Exhaust manifold
- Phenolic or Teflon spacers between the intake manifold and the head.
- Increase the compression ratio by:
- -Shave the head
- -Deck the block
- -Overbore pistons
- -SOHC: swap in the 1.6L DOHC pistons
- -Custom pistons with an overbore and increased Compression ratio.
- -installing longer spark plugs or boring the spark plug hole so the stock spark plug sits deeper into the chamber, increasing the compression ratio.
- SOHC - -if you don't already have one, get a 93 Base Storm Cam. It has a different profile that produces more torque-which is good for quicker acceleration out of the turns.
- DOHC - Swap on the 1.8L cams or the 89 IMark RS cams if you have a DOHC engine.
- -If you have the cash, get a custom Cam grind.